Instructions and guidelines for Quizmasters for Vestfold Student Society
Before the quiz:
- Follow the instructions in the PowerPoint template
- The quizmasters must follow the template for categories and difficulties to have a varied quiz. Easy | medium | difficult | very difficult (not to many)
- The quiz need to have an english translation (The quiz is on Norwegian with an english translation below the Norwegian question)
- Maximum 4 points per question (with more than one correct answer, consider half points 0,5 for each correct answer)
- Try to avoid having too many questions that requires multiple answers, because it will take long time to correct the ansers.
- Try to avoid having questions that require a specified order in the answers
- QA and double check the answers so they are equal with the sources used.
- Send the final PowerPoint-file to the chief of Kro & Kultur (Party & Culture)
- Make sure to have an printed solution on hand
- Music files:
- 2 ways to do this
- Ask the chief of Kro & Kultur (Party & Culture) to make the files
- Do it yourself with Audacity, contact the chief of Kro & Kultur (Party & Culture) if you choose to do this
- 2 ways to do this
- Show up SOBER at least 1 hour before the quiz starts
- For ordinary quizzes (Not theme)
- The quiz must have 1 news question in each part (question 1 and 21), 1 anagram or riddle in each part (19 and 39, if anagram, it must be possible to answer in English) and 1 music question in each part (20 and 40)
Under the quiz:
- You get 3 units of drinks that night you are quizmasters.
- Start by reading the rules on the first slide
- Keep the pacing so you have around 1 - 1.5 min pr question
- Think about this when it comes to the difficulty on the question
- Read the question twice during this time
- Remember that you have decide at the end!
- Remember to announce if you require a specific answer (f.ex if only first name / last name / +- 10 etc)
- Be strict when it comes to negative points. If somebody says it have been used a cellphone, then it is only negative points to the team that have cheated. Remember to say it out loud in the microphone (Be nice, don't abuse the team)
- Have a plan when it comes to correcting the questions for each round, to be most efficient in regards to time
- It is allowed to enjoy alcohol when you are a quizmaster, but don't become drunk!
- It is not allowed to give extra points for somebody buying the quizmaster drinks
After the quiz:
- When the quiz is finished:
- Ask everybody to come with the paper with the answers, pens and trays.
- Correct the quiz and announce the winning team, also the second and third place